ielab works on a diversity of projects. Research strenghts include:
- Formal models of Information Retrieval: retrieval models, learning to rank, user models, evaluation of information retrieval systems.
- Health Search: models, systems, evaluation for tasks in consumer health search, clinical decision support, precision medicine, search for systematic review compilation, cohort selection for clinical trials.
- Domain-specific search: case law retrieval.
GitHub Repositories of projects:
- USSC Caselaw Collection: A collection for evaluating Case Law IR systems
- Elastic4IR: tutorials and resources for using Elastic for IR experiments
- SIGIR2017 Systematic Reviews Collection: a collection for evaluating IR systems for Systematic Reviews, with PICO annotations
- INST eval: Python implementation of the INST evaluation measure from Moffat et al.
- Relevation: Information Retrieval Relevance Judging System
- searchrefiner: A Query Visualisation and Understanding tool for Systematic Reviews.
- querylab: A Query Visualisation and Understanding tool for Systematic Reviews.